Yay! So, you survived the final weeks of school. Congratulations! The kids are finally home!
The kids are finally home. All day. Every day.
If you don’t already have a game plan in place, here are some ideas for summertime fun that will help everyone keep their cool.
- For the adventurous, try out ZIPStream Aerial Adventure. It’s an exciting, but safe expedition into the treetops that is sure to be remembered.
- Go for a swim and picnic at the park or really go all out and rent a boat for the day!
- Kayak or tube the lower Hiwassee. The water is flowing, but few to no rapids to worry about. Just remember your life jackets, sunscreen, and water bottles!
- Go fishing. June 8 – 14th children can fish without a license.
- Cheer for the hometown team at a Chattanooga Lookouts game. Tickets are affordable, and you can check the Lookouts website for fireworks nights and when kids can run the bases or get freebies.
- Kid’s Camps – Many day camps still have spots available, including YMCA and CCS, so sign up today! Or Creative Discovery Museum programs offer a variety of experiences for day campers.
- Wednesday Morning at the Movies – $4 at AMC Theaters including the Majestic Downtown!
- Family game night – board games and snacks for all!
We love the ideas from Chattanooga Mom’s Blog for setting up a loose routine with your child and planning special family time.
Here’s to making Summer 2019 one to remember!