Is your kitchen cozy with the warm aromas of baked goods, savory sauces, and sugary confections? If not, it’s time to bring all the focus on reaching that moment.
1. List your priorities. Set up a plan and follow it.
2. Make a menu of items you need to prepare and take inventory of supplies to determine what needs to be added to the grocery list.
3. It’s also a good idea to clean out the fridge and make room in the pantry before you do your shopping.
4. Create a timeline of when you need to prepare each delicious dish.
5. Group the ingredients together, so you’ll be ready to go!
Enlist little helpers! Though it’s often a rush to get food set on the table, make sure to allow time for children to be part of creating happy holiday memories.
Here’s a fun, tasty recipe that will delight everyone gathered in your kitchen:
½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
½ Cup Granulated Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
¾ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Ground Ginger
1 Egg White
1 lb Almonds
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with non-stick spray.
In a small bowl stir both sugars, cinnamon, salt and ginger. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat egg white until frothy. Add vanilla and combine.
Add almonds to egg white mixture and stir. Add sugar mixture and stir.
Spread almonds in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake 1 hour – stir every 15 minutes.
Let cool and store in airtight container for 1-2 weeks.